HR Director Derby Cycle (m/f/d)
Who we are:
LEADER. MADE IN GERMANY.
Made in Germany means high quality, innovations in engineering and sustainable business. This
is what Derby Cycle stands for as a part of the biggest bikes producer in Europe and as a major
global player with presence in more than 50 markets – the Pon.Bike Group. With several leading
brands (e.g. Gazelle, Kalkhoff, Focus, Cervelo, Santa Cruz, Raleigh) Pon.Bike provides the best
bikes in any market segment – from off-road downhill racing, to urban e-bikes.
MOVEMENT IS OUR ELEMENT.
Bicycle industry is experiencing a radical change – higher demand for sustainable mobility drives
e-bikes expansion, market is expected to grow by 10%-17% annually in the next 5 years.
Innovations in technology continuously advance e-bikes features as well as the role of e-bikes in
the economy and society. Distribution landscape is also rapidly changing to meet consumers’
preference for a full omni-channel experience.
In line with the market trends, Derby Cycle is undergoing through a major transformation journey.
Its commercial strategy targets strengthening its brands, becoming more focused in market model
and establish omni-channel sales. Its operational strategy lies in creating more flexible
manufacturing footprint supported by state of the art processes and IT systems. Success in
implementation is highly dependent on commitment, skills and readiness for change of our
Therefore, we are is currently looking for a HR Director, who will help to drive the (international) transformation of the organization in line with the company strategy.
What are your responsibilities?
- Be member of the Derby Cycle Leadership Team directly reporting to the CEO and
functionally to the head of HR Pon.Bike Group
- Develop and drive a change management program in line with company long-term strategy
and running transformation efforts (e.g. implementing a digital agenda, improving
individual brands positioning, remodeling operational processes)
- Develop and drive a talent development program, including regular capability
assessments, for the leadership and management teams and ensure that Derby Cycle
retains and grows its talent pool
- Become the sparring partner to the Leadership Team members, challenge and support
them in leading and building high-performance teams as well as in developing individual
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of the HR strategic plan,
performance plan, as well as personnel and organizational policies consistent with
company goals and objectives
- (Pro)actively contribute with concrete goals to the organizational culture, which is
characterized by customer orientation and cooperation
- Collaborate in your work with the Pon HR Service Center that runs key HR tools for Pon including performance management system, SuccessFactors, People XS for recruitment and selection
What do we expect from you?
- University degree, ideally in Human Resources or equivalent education
- Previous industry related experience, international group-company experience, multi-cultural
- Minimum of 5 years generalist HR and/or HR Business Partner experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Achiever – result oriented and able to develop plans/solutions to deliver expected results
even in ambiguous circumstances
- Problem solver – strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to make
timely and balanced decisions
- Simplifier – ability to deal with complexity and prioritization
- Entrepreneur – demonstrated business acumen and commercial awareness
- Initiator – skilled in developing HR plans/initiatives and aligning management teams to
support business objectives
- Law interpreter – ability to manage and interpret employment laws into pragmatic solutions
- Talent manager – education and working experience in Talent Development and Talent
- Chance manager – know-how and hands-on experience in Transformation and Change
Fit ot Pon.Bike Values
- Passion to perform
- Trust to act
- Act responsibly
- Make it Fun
What are we offering?
- A challenging position in an international, growing company
- Many opportunities to develop yourself and your talents
- An attractive compensation, extensive fringe benefits and more (e.g. car leasing, discounts
- on bikes, workplace health promotion, employer-founded pension and much more)
- Flexible working hours and an attractive 30-day vacation policy
You are looking for a new challenge and feel addressed?
So it is time to meet each other!
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS WITH INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Derby Cycle Werke GmbH // Siemensstraße 1 - 3 // 49661 Cloppenburg